For 4 people
500gr Risotto rice
300gr of Shitake mushrooms
8 sprigs fresh Chives
8 sprigs fresh Parsley
2 cloves of Garlic
A pinch of Salt & salt flower
1/2 a cup of Rhum
- Prepare the broth at the same time. Into 1l of water, add one onion, chives, a garlic clove, the chopped leak and salt into the quivering water
- Sauté the onions then garlic into some butter. I was running out of olive oil and I have to say that the butter made it rich and tasty.Once colored add the Shitake.
- Cook until only until sizzled. You don't want it to shrink to much and lose their texture. Set aside.
- In the meantime cook the rice until translucent into some butter.
- Deglaze with some Rhum stir until absorbed.
- Add the broth to the rice slowly until absorbed.
- Towards the end add the shitake and then some fresh chopped parsley, chives, and rosemary.
- To decorate in the plate and enhance the taste add on top some basil, salt flower and pepper.